We all want to have the perfect weight and that’s why when we talk about diets and / or exercises we want to have the most effective method for weight loss, that which can give us immediate results and, above all, be easy to perform.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines http://greentimesgroup.com/category/uncategorized/ overweight and buy Maxalt doctor prescription obesity as an abnormal or excessive accumulation of fat that can be harmful to health. This condition is a risk factor for developing chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, kidney failure, metabolic syndrome, among other conditions.
This is why the main objective of weight loss is the loss of body fat.
What is body fat and what functions does it have?
Body fat is necessary and essential for our body. It has specific functions such as protecting our organs, generating energy necessary for our body to work and create hormones. Therefore it is essential to have a reserve of body fat that in men is 15 to 17% of body weight and in women 18 to 22%.
If your percentage of body fat is lower than the aforementioned, it means that your reserves are diminished and therefore you are a person with low weight, otherwise it means a person with very high reserves and who is presenting overweight or obesity.
When we talk about the caloric content of a food, we can say that 1 gram of carbohydrates and proteins have 4 calories, while 1 gram of fat contains 9 calories. The fat of food and our body is not the same. It has different compositions, therefore we can say that the fat of food is a “pure fat” (100%), not being the body fat (72 to 87%) that is composed of fat cells called adipocytes that also contain some fluids and proteins.
Restrictions of 500 calories a day serve to lose weight?
In 1958, a scientist named Max Wishnofsky concluded that the caloric equivalent of half a kilo of lost or gained body weight was 3,500 calories a week. From this investigation the decision was made to restrict or increase 500 calories per day, in order to lose or increase half a kilo of weight per week.
More than 55 years have passed since that investigation. However, at present we find obesity ranges that exceed what is estimated, so it is very difficult to achieve weight loss and, above all, that these are maintained. Therefore, it is very important to take into account the following aspects:
- The nutritional evaluation is individual. Each person has their own body composition and different body type.
- The caloric requirements are individualized, depending on sex, age, weight, size and level of physical activity.
- Each person has unique food preferences and aversions.
- The portions and quantities of meals are characteristic of each person. For these main reasons we must keep in mind that the feeding plans for loss / increase or to maintain an adequate weight are individual, personalized for each person.
What to do when I stop losing weight?
In practice, weight loss of up to 1 kilo per week is achieved when the patient performs physical activity plus a meal plan, especially in the first months.
It has been proven that, as time goes by, the weight loss decreases and that is when we are faced with the big problem: patients begin to be discouraged, stress increases and their self-esteem decreases. The loss of weight stagnates or in some occasions the lost weight is increased again.
It is often believed that the problem of weight loss is the lack of will in patients (although sometimes it is true) there are many people who strive to lose weight and yet only manage to lose 10% of their weight. What really should we do about this problem?
6 Tips to lose weight effectively
- Instead of dieting, we should improve our way of eating to a healthier one and make this a habit. The weight of a person can go up and down frequently. Most of the time it depends on how much you eat (food) and how much you spend (exercises)
- Have the habit of frequent physical activity.
- Do not lose control with the health personnel, since the feeding plans and recommendations may vary as time passes.
- Do not lose willpower and demotivation. Have controls with a health psychologist.
- Do not stop eating or skip meals.
- Do not perform extreme and too restrictive methods that can put our health at risk, and that can unbalance our metabolism.
The restriction of 500 calories a week if it helps to lose weight, but for this method to be more effective we must combine it with frequent exercise. Although the method is efficient in the short term, it is normal that after 6 months of rapid weight loss, the patient begins to lower less each time; therefore you should not worry, much less discourage yourself. On the contrary, this is where the biggest challenge begins: your body must get used to its new weight, all this takes a process. This will help you not to increase the weight that it has cost you so much to lose.
Related Wiki Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_loss