How many eggs can you eat without affecting your cholesterol?


How many times have we heard that buy provigil from uk cheap lasik surgery eating too many eggs is bad for cholesterol? Depending on who says it or where you read it, the amount varies, but the reality is different: the more cholesterol you eat, the less your body produces, so including the egg in your daily diet does not have to negatively influence this aspect . However, this also depends on other factors, among which are the person’s own health conditions.

So you can enjoy this delicious food with tranquility, we explain how many eggs you can eat without affecting your cholesterol.

How does the body regulate cholesterol?

The organ that regulates cholesterol in the body is the liver. It produces large amounts of it, so when you eat foods high in cholesterol, the liver reduces its production to compensate levels and avoid excess. It is for this simple reason that the fact of eating a certain amount of eggs a day does not influence the amount of cholesterol in the body.

Moreover, although it has always been seen as something negative and its high levels are linked to heart disease and premature death, cholesterol is an essential structural molecule for the cell membrane, making it an important food within a healthy and balanced diet. Even so, if your blood cholesterol levels are high, you should avoid eating too many foods rich in it, as it could cause an increase, even if moderate, of it.

Is it wrong to eat several eggs a day?

The part of the egg that contains cholesterol is the yolk, while in the rest the protein is concentrated. In this way, what has always been advised is not to eat more than six yolks per week, taking into account that a medium-sized egg already contains 62% of the recommended daily intake.

Despite this, studies have been conducted that show that the fact of eating eggs does not negatively influence the level of cholesterol, and that the reaction to it also depends on the individual in question. In these investigations it is exposed that in 70% of the cases the consumption of eggs does not affect the “bad cholesterol” (LDL), while in the remaining 30% there is a slight increase in its levels, but without becoming a cause of concern.

On the other hand, egg consumption increases the “good cholesterol” (HDL), adding to it other positive aspects such as the following: this food, enriched in Omega 3, helps lower triglycerides, known as another risk factor, also to increase the levels of antioxidants in the blood.

In conclusion, it has been scientifically proven that eating up to three eggs a day is safe for a healthy person.

Relationship of the egg with heart diseases

In studies carried out in which the participants were followed for years, it was observed that the fact of including eggs in the diet did not produce a difference in the risk of contracting heart diseases; in some of them there was even a reduction in the risk of spills. Likewise, factors such as the diet itself, physical activity and smoking or not, were also included in the investigations, observing everything as a whole.

However, as we have mentioned, the situation of each individual varies. Another finding suggested that the risk of heart disease due to high egg intake could increase in people with type 2 diabetes. However, consuming them moderately and on a low carbohydrate diet, which is the more suitable for diabetics, eggs can help reduce this risk.

The benefits of eating egg

Obviously, we cannot forget the important benefits of including eggs in our diet. As high quality animal protein, they help increase muscle mass and bone health, in addition to helping you lose weight with the feeling of fullness they provide.

In addition to this, they protect the eyes against the risk of diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration due to their high content of the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. On the other hand, your cells will also appreciate it if you turn the egg into one of your usual foods, since it provides high levels of chorine, a fundamental nutrient for the brain.


A healthy person can eat up to three eggs a day without worrying about cholesterol, since the body itself is responsible for balancing its levels and, although you have to take into account the circumstances of the individual, the intake of this food does not influence the increased risk of heart disease.

On the contrary, the egg is beneficial for health, both for muscles and bones, and even the brain, also protecting one of our five senses: sight. In this way, we can consider it one of the healthiest foods in the world, and even more so if we refer to those enriched in Omega 3.

Recommended Site: List Of Cholesterol In Foods

Review Date
Reviewed Item
How many eggs can you eat without affecting your cholesterol?
Author Rating

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eight + twenty =